- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Solve the clues at Langley's Mystery Weekend
Saturday and Sunday is Mystery Weekend in Langley.
Annually, hundreds of sleuths are drawn to town to track down the killer.
This year’s mystery, written by Loretta Martin, is, “Gone with the Tide,” in which a character in a rollicking western musical ends up dead.
People who figure out “whodunit” have a chance to win prizes, among them weekend getaways, gift certificates and Mystery Weekend memorabilia. Even those who fail to solve the mystery can win a prize in a separate drawing.
Here’s how to play:
• Purchase a Langley Mystery Weekend Clue Map with ballot at the Visitor Information Center, 208 Anthes Ave., Langley. Cost is $10 for adults or $8 for seniors, military or youths under 16. Maps are available from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Sunday.
• Begin by reading the news article about the crime, “Gone with the Tide,” in the Langley Gazette. Check the Clue Map which shows where you can pick up printed clues to help solve the mystery.
• As you walk around town gathering clues from merchants, you will encounter some of the suspects described in the Gazette, and from them you may be able to collect valuable information. Beware that some of the information may be unreliable as it is coming from murder suspects.
• Once you decide on “whodunit,” enter your solution on the official ballot and deliver it to the Visitor Information Center. Correct solutions will be placed in a drawing for the grand prizes. All “incorrect” ballots will be placed in a drawing for other prizes.
• All entries must be received by 3:30 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 24 to be eligible for the prize drawings.
• The solution presentation begins at 4:30 p.m. Sunday at the Langley Middle School auditorium and will take less than 30 minutes. You need not be present to win.
• Winners will be notified by email, phone or mail. Go to www.visitlangley.com after 8 p.m. Sunday to find out the complete solution. The list of winners will be posted Monday, Feb. 25.