It’s fishing season again off Whidbey’s west side beaches.
It’s been two years since the Washington department of fishing let us fish off the beach in area 9. After seeing several fights on the beach two years ago, here are some things I wish fishermen would consider, before they go out.
1) Be nice.
2) Respect the homeowners and their private property… and be nice.
3) Be nice to the people who own homes on the beach…and respect their private property… and be nice.
4) If it’s early morning and you’re anywhere around houses, be quiet, and then be nice. People who don’t fish are trying to sleep. Remember to be nice and be quiet.
5) Do not fight or argue with your neighbors, especially early in the morning, and be nice.
6) Try to remember that sports fishing is fun, and makes many people happy. Don’t forget to be nice.
7) Be clean and don’t leave garbage or fishing line all over the beach, and if you remember to bring a garbage bag, maybe consider cleaning up after others, and be nice.
8) Smile and be nice because you’re fishing.