Wednesday, April 17
- Office of Tenebrae, 7 p.m., April 17, St. Hubert Catholic Church, Langley. The choir of St. Hubert Catholic Church will present the Office of Tenebrae for Holy Week. Tenebrae, Latin for shadows, is a service of scripture readings, solemn hymns, and the gradual diminishing of light as candles are individually extinguished during the service. All are welcome to come reflect on the Passion of Christ at this re-creation of the betrayal, the abandonment, and the agony leading to Easter.
Friday, April 19
- Community Good Friday Worship Service, 12 – 1 p.m., April 19. St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 6309 Wilson Pl., Clinton. This is the 30th annual shared Good Friday-Noon event of local congregations. Pastors will briefly reflect on the last words of Jesus Christ from the Cross.
Saturday, April 20
- Clinton Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m.- 1 p.m., April 20, Dan Porter Park. The egg hunt is always held the Saturday before Easter and the siren will sound from the fire truck at 11 a.m. Come around 10:30 a.m. to play on South Whidbey Fire District’s fire truck and take photos with the Easter Bunny. Over 10,000 candy-filled eggs and 700 prize eggs. There are five age groups in different sections of the park.
- Annual Easter Egg Hunt at Bayview Community Hall, 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. , April 20. Refreshments begin at noon, the hunt begins at 1 p.m. Open up to age 12.
- Bunny Daze, through April 20, Langley. Bunny Daze is a celebration of all the Langley bunny fever. All week long there will be special shopping deals related to Bunny Days. On April 20, there’s a rabbit hunt for kids. Not real rabbits, of course, but some gently loved stuffed bunnies are hidden about town. Come shop hop all week to find the perfect bunny creations available all over town. Join the Hare Hunt and find lots of stuffed bunnies hidden outside around downtown for kids to keep. Then play hop scotch on the sidewalk just for fun. email@example.com.
- Coupeville’s 29th Annual Easter Egg Hunt, 10 a.m., April 20, Coupeville Town Park. Sponsored by Soroptomist International of Coupeville. For ages toddlers to fifth grade. There are photo opportunities with the Easter Bunny and an Easter Basket Raffle.
- Egg-streme Easter Egg Hunt, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., April 20, 171 SW 6th Avenue, Oak Harbor. Are you ready? It’s time for HomePlace Oak Harbor Annual Easter Egg Hunt. There will be lots of treats, prize eggs, games and goodies for kids of all ages. Special area for children under three. The Easter Bunny is going to be available to visit with children and for pictures. Hop,walk or run on by and have some fun.
- Easter Egg Hunt and Celebration, 2-4 p.m., April 20, 235 SW 6th Ave, Oak Harbor. Free to the public. Come join residents, staff and neighbors at the Welcome Home Oak Harbor. The Easter egg hunt is for ages 1-10. There will also be face painting, scavenger hunt, photo booth and a petting zoo. See more at www.welcomehome0oakharbor.com
- Easter Egg Hunt and Garry Oak Tree Education Event, 1-2 p.m., April 20, Smith Park Oak Harbor. For children ages 1 to 9 years old. Find lucky coins and win prizes. Pick up coupons for participating Downtown Merchants. At the Easter Egg Hunt speakers will be letting people know about the Garry Oak Tree Mural that is going to go on the building just south of Smith Park.
Sunday April 21
- Sunrise Service, 6:30 a.m., April 21, Langley Marina, Nichols Boat Dock. Multi-Church.
- Unity of Whidbey Sunday Worship Service, 10-11 a.m., April 21, 5671 Crawford Rd., Langley. Turning toward the Easter moments, the large and small wonders, the everyday alleluias, we awake into the sacred mystery. Rev Annie Lonardelli brings our Easter message, K.P. Brack will provide our musical inspiration and Joanna Gabriel will be the platform host. All are welcome. For more information, visit: www.unityofw hidbey.org
- VFW Easter Egg Hunt, 12-12:30 p.m., April 21, 3037 Goldie Rd., Oak Harbor. By the American Legion & VFW Auxiliaries. All community welcome to join us for a kids 12 and under Easter Egg Hunt. Bring your basket and hunt for the golden egg. Over 2,000 eggs, ducks, and toys available.
- Church service: Broken Faith, Open Tomb, 10:30 a.m., April 21, 502 Otis Street, Coupeville Community Bible Church. An original presentation by members and choir of Coupeville Community Bible Church for Easter Sunday.
- Community Easter Sunrise Service, 6:30– 7:30 a.m., April 21, Catalina Park at the Oak Harbor Marina. A Community-wide Easter Sunrise Service, sponsored by several local churches in Oak Harbor. All are welcome.