- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Hearing for suspect in ferry bombing scare is expected in February | UPDATE
The man who allegedly made a bomb threat will have his court date in mid-February, a deputy prosecutor for Snohomish County said Tuesday.
Michael William Harsh, 32, was arrested after stepping off the M/V Cathlamet in Mukilteo. Authorities claim Harsh, a former Langley resident, was heard talking about a bomb after the ferry sailed from Clinton on the 8:30 a.m. run Thursday, Jan. 26.
Harsh made his first appearance Friday in Snohomish County Superior Court. His bail, originally set at $25,000, was reduced to $10,000 and he remains in custody at the Snohomish County Jail in Everett.
Snohomish County Deputy Prosecutor Ed Stemler said officers put a standard $25,000 bail in place until the suspect appears before a judge. Stemler did not attend Harsh's bail setting last week.
Harsh, an Everett resident, had until 5 p.m. Tuesday to post bail. Stemler also said his office had until the end of the day to file the charging papers.
"I'm likely to file a charge into district court to hold the bail in place," Stemler said early Tuesday.
An arraignment hearing for a felony charge of making a bomb threat is expected to follow in mid-February.
Harsh allegedly admitted talking about sinking a ferry to detectives with the Washington State Patrol, but also said he was bipolar and had not taken his prescription medication in recent weeks.