- About Us
Jug of liquid snarls highway traffic
A plastic bottle filled with a strong acid that reportedly fell out of the back of a pickup truck closed a portion of Highway 525 for more than an hour Wednesday morning.
Found on the the shoulder of the highway near the intersection with Pioneer Park Place, the acid prompted a 911 call. When firefighters from Fire Protection District 3 investigated the bottle they found it to be visibly off-gassing. Fearing a poisoning threat, the firefighters closed the highway between Coles Road and Bayview Road between 11 a.m. and noon.