Home

South Whidbey Record

Back

Langley harbor waterline project moves ahead

September 12, 2013 · Updated 2:26 PM
Comments

Extending a waterline to the soon-to-be-expanded South Whidbey Harbor was the focus of a meeting of Reid Middleton, Inc., the City of Langley and the Port of South Whidbey recently.

Staff members from Langley’s planning and public works departments were part of the discussion late last month. Jeff Arango, Langley’s planning director, said all remaining issues were resolved regarding the eight-inch waterline the port will install along lower Wharf Street.

The general consensus from the Langley City Council and the mayor at a meeting last week, Sept. 3, was that the city wanted to help the port district any way it could within the bounds of the city’s plan.

“In the end, when the harbor is done, it will still be the city’s waterline,” said Mayor Fred McCarthy.

Upon news that the work would likely continue, Port Commissioner Chris Jerome said district staff “seemed very pleased to be moving ahead.”

Work is scheduled to begin in October.


Commenting Rules

© Sound Publishing, Inc.
All rights reserved.
Our Titles | Work With Us