News

Fire destroys Freeland home

A young recently married couple lost most of their pets and possessions Tuesday afternoon when fire destroyed their Freeland home.

No other injuries were reported.

Amy and Dan Lynds were away at the time of the fire. They were staying with her parents in Clinton on Wednesday after their double-wide mobile home burned to the ground at 1519 Roy Road.

Several cats, exotic birds, a lizard and a snake perished in the fire, which was reported about 3:45 p.m., said Fire District 3 Deputy Chief Mike Cotton which responded with several vehicles and multiple volunteers.

Cotton said the cause of the fire probably was a heat lamp keeping the lizard warm that may have overturned.

A fund has been set up at Washington Mutual Bank to help the couple. Call 331-7723 for information.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Oct 18 edition online now. Browse the archives.

Friends to Follow

View All Updates