- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Fire at park may have been caused by fireworks
BAYVIEW - Fireworks may have been the cause of a fire Friday afternoon at Marguerite Brons Memorial Park.
The July 3 fire, which spread across an area about 75 feet across at the popular off-leash dog park, was reported by two women who walking their dogs through the woods at the park.
According to Gary Gabelein, a volunteer firefighter with Fire District 3, the cause of the fire was presumed to be fireworks since there was fire on both sides of the road.
Firefighters spent the afternoon dousing trees, stumps and grass that had caught fire.
No one was injured in the blaze.