News

Fire District 3 battles house fire in Langley

Fire District 3 Capt. Forrest Hughes and firefighter Brandon Callahan remove pieces of a burning roof at the scene of a house fire in Langley Monday morning. - Brian Kelly / The Record
Fire District 3 Capt. Forrest Hughes and firefighter Brandon Callahan remove pieces of a burning roof at the scene of a house fire in Langley Monday morning.
— image credit: Brian Kelly / The Record

Fire District 3 firefighters are mopping up a house fire on Langley Road that happened after a homeowner started a fire in a wood stove and hot ashes apparently fell onto the home's cedar-shake roof.

The roof at one end of the home was extensively damaged by the blaze.

District 3 firefighters are pulling the roof apart, shake by shake, with axes and a chainsaw to remove pieces of smoldering wood.

No one was hurt in the fire.

Langley Road is closed down to one lane as emergency workers route traffic around a line of fire trucks, a water tender and other apparatus at the scene.

We encourage an open exchange of ideas on this story's topic, but we ask you to follow our guidelines for respecting community standards. Personal attacks, inappropriate language, and off-topic comments may be removed, and comment privileges revoked, per our Terms of Use. Please see our FAQ if you have questions or concerns about using Facebook to comment.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Read the latest Green Edition

Browse the print edition page by page, including stories and ads.

Aug 23 edition online now. Browse the archives.