- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
Fire District 3 battles house fire in Langley
Fire District 3 firefighters are mopping up a house fire on Langley Road that happened after a homeowner started a fire in a wood stove and hot ashes apparently fell onto the home's cedar-shake roof.
The roof at one end of the home was extensively damaged by the blaze.
District 3 firefighters are pulling the roof apart, shake by shake, with axes and a chainsaw to remove pieces of smoldering wood.
No one was hurt in the fire.
Langley Road is closed down to one lane as emergency workers route traffic around a line of fire trucks, a water tender and other apparatus at the scene.