- About Us
- Local Savings
- Green Editions
- Legal Notices
- Weekly Ads
Connect with Us
LETTERS TO THE EDITOR | Commissioner taxes and spend
To the editor:
Michael O’Mahony’s idea of leadership is lacking (Letters, June 30). Helen Price Johnson’s accomplishments lack leadership and she only grasps “tax and spend.”
Here are some of Price Johnson’s accomplishments: 1. Refused to modify the onsite septic system management program despite numerous credible scientific and cost/benefit objections: OSS management program maintained as is over credible objections.
2. Proposed a major tax increase (Proposition 1) as a solution to fiscal woes (in essence a blank check).
3. First choice to resolve revenue shortfall has consistently been more taxes.
4. Created the Clean Water Utility tax, overriding voters who rejected the levy lid lift (Prop. 1).
5. Pushed Freeland Water and Sewer district to build a $40 million sewer system to be paid for by 425 property owners.
6. Reduced the Sheriff’s Department manning by 10 deputies and has failed to negotiate a new contract with both sheriff’s deputies and corrections deputies for four years. Less protection, more crime.
As you can see there is no leadership or vision for the future with Price Johnson except for, more taxes. O’Mahony is no more a Republican than I am a Democrat, he is not being honest. This coming election is to important for our county’s future.