Aircraft carrier-based flight training operations for Naval Air Station Whidbey Island are scheduled next week at Outlying Field Coupeville on Central Whidbey and Ault Field on North Whidbey.
Practices are scheduled at Outlying Field Coupeville as follows:
• Monday, Aug. 9, night to late night;
• Tuesday, Aug. 10, mid-morning to late afternoon to late night;
• Wednesday, Aug. 11, mid-morning to, then mid- to late-afternoon;
• Thursday, Aug. 12, mid-morning to, then mid- to late-afternoon.
Practices are scheduled at Ault Field as follows:
• Tuesday, Aug. 10, afternoon;
• Thursday, Aug. 12, morning.
Comments, including noise complaints, can be directed to NAS Whidbey’s comment line at 360-257-6665.
Note the time and location that an event occurred, and as much detail as possible about what was seen.
There are many other training evolutions people may hear. However, the aircraft carrier flight training are types of operations that occur at a lower altitude in close vicinity to the airfield.