An early morning fire destroyed an unoccupied Clinton home Saturday.
The home was located off Tiffany Road on Saska Place, and according to Fire District 3 officials the cause is unknown. It’s the second fire at the site in two years.
Paul Busch, assistant chief with Fire District 3 said the home is a total loss.
“It burned to the foundation,†he said.
“The cause of the fire is suspicious and is under investigation by the fire marshall,†Busch said. “There was no electricity to the home.â€
Firefighters responded to the fire at 2:45 a.m. Saturday. Fourteen firefighters had the fire under control in 20 minutes.
“We stayed at the scene about three more hours to watch for hot spots and flare ups,†Busch said.
“The fire did not damage any of the surrounding property or nearby homes,†Busch said.
Busch said the district responded to an electrical fire at the same home last year.
“It was vacant then, as well. It has been empty for a long time†he said.
From January 1, 2005 to Oct. 23, 2006 District 3 firefighters have responded to 131 fires; 36 brush fires, 24 in buildings, 21 chimney fires, 16 vehicle fires and 35 other types, including driftwood, kitchen, electrical and trash fires.
